tacogirl

Friday, July 21, 2006

I had my first therapist visit yesterday afternoon. I think it went really well. I really liked the woman a lot and felt comfortable discussing everything with her. She specializes in eating disorder treatment so I'm in good hands. She gave me a referral to meet with a dietician and a nurse practioner with prescription writing privileges. She thinks I would benefit from being on some medication to cope with the ED behaviors. The dietician will be able to work with me so that I can get where I need to be. She will help me understand the damage I have done to my body and metabolism and how restoring normal eating habits will affect my body. I am looking forward to meeting with her.

Anyway, the therapist listened to me made me realize that I do have a lot on my plate. I am not being a wimp by seeking gout some help. An average person could not cope with all the bullshit that I've got going on. That made me feel better to hear that.

I haven't heard from my daughter today. It's kind of good, less stressful anyway...

1 Comments:

Blogger SCH said...

I'm glad you are getting some help! :) You don't know how much I have worried about you.

I am proud of you for seeking the help that you need.

As far as your daughter goes, it is only going to get worse before it gets better. When she grows up she will realize what kind of problems she has caused you because of her ways. You can always "bless" her with "I hope you have kids that act just like you." :)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home